Mini Grants-SD 4-H Leaders - Making the Best Better!
Mini Grants Available!
We are excited to let you know that the SD 4-H Leaders Association has decided to increase the amount available for mini grants. The grant amount available per county has increased from $200 to $400. Counties may choose to do projects together – 2 counties can apply for $800 for a combined project – 3 counties can apply for $1200 for a combined project. The max amount available for a single project is $1200.
Mini grant applications are due December 31st. They must be received via email or postmarked by 12/31/19. Late applications will not be considered.
Note: If you received a mini grant last year and have not submitted your final report, you are not eligible to apply for a 2020 mini grant.
Each year, the South Dakota 4-H Leaders Association awards Mini-Grants across the state to county or 4-H club projects. The purpose of the 4-H Grants Program is to address youth needs at the local level. The 4-H Leaders Association recognizes that the greatest impact of 4-H occurs at the local level, usually between youth and 4-H volunteers.
Criteria for awarding funds include:
* Potential for youth involvement in the planning and implementation of the project.
* Potential impact on addressing youth issues at a local level through either a traditional or nontraditional setting.
* Potential for increasing life skill outcomes for youth.
* Potential for reaching expanded youth audiences e.g. at-risk low income, single parent families, other cultures, disabled, etc.
* Potential for transitioning new youth audiences into more “traditional” or ongoing 4-H programs.
Grants funds can be used to purchase educational materials and supplies, expenses/honorariums for speakers, travel and training. Generally, snacks for refreshments, give-away items, e.g. t-shirts, etc. and building rental are not approved expenditures. Monies can’t be used for capital equipment or hardware (defined as items and material with a life expectancy of greater than five years) or building drives.
Looking for some project ideas? Check out this list!
Copyright © 2019. www.sd4hleaders.users.santel.net .